FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » freetype2 and FTGL libraries
freetype2 and FTGL libraries [message #33840] Sat, 17 September 2011 19:50 Go to previous message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
In order to fill missing dependencies to import OpenCascade CAD library into Upp, I added following libraries packaged for Upp :

-freetype2 library; it's a well known library for handling/rasterizing many font types.
It's usually bundled with Linux, but I guess not in windows; having in Upp allow to link statically and in debug mode without
worrying about missing dependencies

-FTGL : it's an openGL font render engine, allowing to put fancy fonts in openGL applications; I made also a demo named FTGL_Demo

Next days I'll continue my efforts to package OpenCascade CAD libraries for Upp.
This will allow us to have them linked statically and in debug mode, and to get rid of incompatibility of it's memory manager with Upp one.

Ciao

Max

EDIT : Both freetype and FTGL are now cross platform; the demo has some weird behaviour in Linux and some other in windows :

- in Linuc, the control is not repainted/animated if you don't resize the parent window at least once

- in Windows, the control don't accept keystrokes.

Koldo, could you please check that ? I've seen your mods, but I don't get the problem....

Max

[Updated on: Sun, 18 September 2011 00:54]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Let's test VLCPlayer and help to find some bugs
Next Topic: Scatter: To find width bwt any two points.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:37:43 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02321 seconds