FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Development ToDo finalized
Re: Development ToDo finalized [message #34006 is a reply to message #33980] Sat, 08 October 2011 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
mirek wrote on Wed, 05 October 2011 22:58

- vote what features are the most nice to have in U++
- estimate how hard would be to implement of each feature
- find volunteers to implement them Smile (surely, I am ready to implement a couple of them...)
- based on above info, plan which features will get implemented for the future release
Write your opinions here, or perhaps we should have some nice IRC conference once again....

Mirek

Hello Mirek,

because you ask to vote and I have not read about any particular programming skill the elector should have, here I am with my opinion. I vote for

1) Web development framework (something like Jango in U++ should be piece of cake..)
2) Web development support in theide (html/js highlighting, some way how to export these to output directory

I am not aware how difficult these tasks will be as it is beyond my possibility. I can offer only support for testing. I am ready to rewrite what I have done in PHP + MySql (two application for my School but very useful) in U++.
I suppose you want to mantain the easy/U++ way to create GUI with sql capability and deploy on a server. Today the market offers what they call "easy" and productive (sic!) framework. But when you want to obtain a stupid table with a minimum of CRUD operations then one discover their terrible limit and lack of flexibility. The solution is then to use in their "easy" framework thirdth part component that performs quite natural operation simply unforeseen.
From other side I have seen some really good framework but they are not free or with price not affordable by not professional programmer. I believe that in this scenario U++ would be very innovative and the web version could become very popular.

Luigi

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message