Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » XMLMenu - User configurable menu system - completed
Re: XMLMenu - User configurable menu system - completed [message #34120 is a reply to message #34118] Thu, 20 October 2011 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
chickenk wrote on Thu, 20 October 2011 14:29

Amazing work. Congrats! Very useful and well done.

One question though: how do you drag a floating toolbar (like the one shown on the picture) to a corner again? Click and drag the floating window title bar?

If that's the case, there's a small issue in that it would not work on every window manager: For example I use a tiling window manager (awesome) where I have no title bars for my windows. I tried the usual keyboard helpers to drag my windows on this WM (for my config it is META + left click + drag) and I can move the floating toolbar but I cannot make it sticky again in the main window.

Cheers,
Lionel

Hmmmm... yes, you shall drag the title bar and drop it on destination frame. With no title bar, no chance Smile
For the moment, at least.... I could try to find a workaround for your wm.
It would be possible to add a dragging frame and drag from there, but this will need some more coding efforts.....
Or, we could also allow un-docked toolbar to stay there as popups with dragging frame instead of topwindows, but again, I'll need to make some changes there.

BTW, that's the first time I hear about a WM without title bars Smile

Max

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Updater package
Next Topic: Squirrel - the programming language
Goto Forum: