Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Libraries and TheIDE: i18n, Unicode and Internationalization » Help for Indian Language Unicode display
Re: Help for Indian Language Unicode display [message #34202 is a reply to message #34199] Wed, 02 November 2011 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
Wow, forum is back. It dropped as I was submitting my comment and it did not appear. So here is a rephrased and considerably shorter answer.

Unfortunately you can not render a few scripts (including Indian and Arabic) without the rendering engine understanding the specifics of these scripts. It does not work on the principle of just trowing characters out there and they will work. For Indian the text drawing mechanism must know about composition. And for Arabic Unicode stipulates that only the basic character must be encoded, and use of stand alone/beginning/middle/end form must be handled by the rendered.

U++ support basic Latin character substitution, but no substitution, composition and ligatures for other languages. You can not implement these aspects without having a good working knowledge of these scripts. And you will have a hard time getting you patches accepted. U++ has a lot of great features, but last time I checked it was really lagging behind on the Unicode front for non Latin scripts.

In your case you could fix your problem either by creating a custom Display or some custom controls that use the underlying API of your OS to render the text. Windows API can do this easily (and better as the version of Windows increases), X11 can't do anything advanced, but Gtk/Qt are again very good.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Export and import .tr files in other languages than english<-->LANG
Next Topic: Ctrl responds to Language-Setting event?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 11:08:33 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02777 seconds