FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » U++ and Managed c++ /clr
Re: U++ and Managed c++ /clr [message #34247 is a reply to message #34241] Sun, 06 November 2011 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
conrad is currently offline  conrad
Promising Member
Many thanks for all the answers here.
I must say, I have rarely if ever experienced such support.
I will give this a try this week.
I have a fair amount of experience with mixed mode solutions running in VS 2009 and 2010.
The system I need to make work is one I call for the "firewall" solution. Let me explain.
I do not want the entire app to bee "seen" by the /clr compiler but only a wrapper "project" (a Package ?). The reason for this is that once the application grows, mixed mode compilation & linking becomes completely unmanageable. Footprint is 2.5 times fold and link times can be literally hours.
For this to work, a few .h header files will have to be compatible for both c++ and /clr compilation. With VS 2010 doing the compilation, std::string and std::wstring is for example a workable candidate. In a VS solution, these wrapper classes live in a unique project and only this project has /clr turned on. /clr only, not /pure, not /safe - as these create far too many issues. But /clr works, and I know for a fact that given a few wrapper classes where essentially plain old data and strings are converted from the .net world to the c++ world, mixed mode can have much to offer.

I will let you know how I am doing as soon as I know a bit more.
Again, thanks for the support here without which I may not have had the courage to give it a try Smile

Conrad

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Synaptic Package Manager
Next Topic: U++ for a MS Devstudio solution?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 25 05:47:43 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00719 seconds