Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Web framework....
Re: Web framework.... [message #34508 is a reply to message #34506] Sat, 26 November 2011 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
dolik.rce wrote on Sat, 26 November 2011 06:22

mirek wrote on Fri, 25 November 2011 21:37

- preferred multithreaded apps (single process, many threads to serve connections) - advantage is to store some common cached data; alternative is preforked processes

May I ask you why you prefer MT over preforked processes? At work we use custom preforked server with shared memory.

I am well aware about prefork advantages and in fact, we do the same.

However, right now I have some doubts about using shared memory for common data.

E.g. it looks like we are going to have 'jit' compiled html templates into 'functional nodes' (as shown in another thread). I am afraid that it might be a bit hard to use shared memory for caching this. Basically, I believe that single heap makes these things much simpler.

Quote:

Of course I see that MT makes other things simple. So maybe having both options available is the right way to go...

Sure, for web app developer, this will not matter too much. It will be possible to switch to MT or to preforked with ease, but with preforked, things will be duplicated in memory.

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message