Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » PR, media coverage, articles and documentation » U++ in Linux repos
Re: U++ in Linux repos [message #34696 is a reply to message #34693] Tue, 06 December 2011 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi Lectus,

This idea was here before Smile It is actually still in progress, even though the advances are very slow... I don't have much time lately Confused

I guess it won't hurt to report here and what is the state of things Smile

Concerning .debs: The packaging in its current form stands no chance to get into the repository. The Debian/Ubuntu packaging standard is pretty complex thing (and I learned a lot just by reading it Smile ). Also lately I learned a lot by packaging a lot of software at work. So with this new knowledge I want to improve the packaging to fulfill the standard and then try to push it into Debian, which would then propagate the package automatically to Ubuntu and other derivatives.

I also maintain PKGBUILDs for Arch Linux. The situation there is not that important, as Arch Linux is aimed at experienced users, and building the package from AUR (Arch User Repository) is quite simple. Anyway, the packages from AUR can be promoted to community repository (so they become binary packages and don't have to be compiled from sources anymore). The promotion is usually considered when the enough user votes for the package in question. Right now, theide package has 5 votes, the usual threshold is 10, so we are half way there Smile

Best regards,
Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message