Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » PR, media coverage, articles and documentation » U++ in Linux repos
Re: U++ in Linux repos [message #42402 is a reply to message #42400] Tue, 11 March 2014 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi jibe,

jibe wrote on Tue, 11 March 2014 15:24

I'm just reading this by chance... How is the situation now ?
Right now the best packages can be probably those made in OBS (search forum to learn more). The ones in 'nightly' project are updated several times a month. Repositories are available for various versions of ubuntu and debian, archlinux and experimentally also opensuse.

About Arch Linux, maybe you could give some details (especially a link) on how to vote : I don't use it often and will not search about that, but as I use sometimes, I could vote Wink

List of the packages is here: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?K=U%2B%2B. If you are logged in and click on any of the packages, you will see a link to vote in 'Package actions' box on the right side of the packages page.

And what about rpm based distros derivated from Red Hat (like CentOS, Scientific Linux, Fedora...) ? I'm using more and more Scientific Linux, and probably I'll soon install UPP on it.
As I mentioned above, there are RPMs for opensuse, but they're very experimental Smile I don't (and never did) use any rpm-based distro, so I don't really know what goes where. I could quite easily arrange for the same experimental rpms to be built also for centos, fedora, red hat and/or mandriva (pehaps some other, I don't remember right now). Scientific Linux is heavily based on redhat, so it might work there as well. But without testers and feedback, I can't really move out of the experimental state, for any of those distros. If you want to help, you're more than welcomed Wink

Best regards,
Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message