Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » PR, media coverage, articles and documentation » U++ in Linux repos
Re: U++ in Linux repos [message #42923 is a reply to message #42918] Mon, 14 April 2014 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi jibe,

jibe wrote on Mon, 14 April 2014 15:09
1 - I just recompiled one of my applications with version 7051, without changing anything. It's now freezing and the log shows a heap leak, when it was working well last time I compiled it. I don't know with what UPP version it was, I can only say that it was last March, 2013. Did somebody had a similar problem or knows what could happen ?
Have you tried "Rebuild all" (Bomb icon in theide)? When mixing object files from various versions of U++ weird things can happen. Another reason might be that some libraries on your system were upgraded in the meantime and the newer version causes trouble. But that is not very likely to cause heap leaks...

2 - The Ubuntu repository has 7051 as last version, when the Nightly Builds tar.gz page gives 7222 (Scientific Linux rpm is also 7222M). Is it normal ?
That is not normal. Something probably broke in the scripts that upload the packages. I'll have a look at it. You can alternatively use ubuntu packages from OBS...

3 - I'm using Nightly builds (with dolik's Ubuntu repository) for a long time, and I see that the stable version is 5485, November 2012 ! Is it normal ? I think that there had been a lot of interresting and good changes since this time, that could have been added in the stable version !
Yes, that is normal. The last "stable release" was 5485. No one is really using those, I guess Smile As it was already described somewhere on the forum, the nightly versions are usually much more stable than the releases...

Well, I think that my first test will be to install UPP on Scientific Linux and see if I have the same problem with the most recent version... This will be the opportunity to test this rpm !

Ok, let me know how it works. You'll be probably the first one to try Smile

Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message