Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » PR, media coverage, articles and documentation » U++ in Linux repos
Re: U++ in Linux repos [message #42938 is a reply to message #42923] Tue, 15 April 2014 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
jibe is currently offline  jibe
Experienced Member
Hi Honza,

Thanks for your answer Smile

dolik.rce wrote on Mon, 14 April 2014 17:46
Have you tried "Rebuild all" (Bomb icon in theide)?

Yes, I forgot to say, but I effectively do that each time I update UPP.

Another reason might be that some libraries on your system were upgraded in the meantime and the newer version causes trouble.

Do you mean some libraries external to UPP ? Yes, there are surely several. If so, this would mean that I had a latent bug that appears now ? I'll investigate this way... But in this case, it's weird that the old application, compiled in March 2013, is working well on my updated system...

Yes, that is normal. The last "stable release" was 5485. No one is really using those, I guess Smile As it was already described somewhere on the forum, the nightly versions are usually much more stable than the releases...

Laughing Ok, so I must not be afraid to take risks not using the "stable" version !

Maybe you shoud remove this old "stable" version : it is not so good that new people coming to UPP see and could use this old version Wink

(about Scientific Linux) Ok, let me know how it works. You'll be probably the first one to try Smile

Yes, I'll let you know ASAP, but it will take some more time than expected : I never had time to synchronize my SL with my Ubuntu (I'm using owncloud, and I have problems with the different versions of Mozilla softs), and I'm still mainly using Ubuntu. I'll take this opportunity to make this well first and be able to do anything with either the one or the other...

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message