Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » umk got changed....
Re: umk got changed.... [message #34818 is a reply to message #34729] Tue, 13 December 2011 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi Nick,

I'm afraid we're slowly coming to the limits of my theoretical knowledge Smile I don't have windows computer, so all I say relies on what I remember from many years ago...

So first the ":" problem - changing it to ; on windows would help, it is the common way to separate paths e.g. in PATH variable IIRC, on linux the : is used for the same purpose. It wouldn't be a problem to make this platform dependent, but I'll propose completely different solution few lines lower Wink

The target override works fine for me. The line you pointed to should not make problem, as those two later in file have precedence (umake.cpp:193-194):
ide.debug.target_override = ide.release.target_override = true;
ide.debug.target = ide.release.target = mkf = arg[i];

We will both probably aggree, that the interface of umk is terrible and clumsy. I believe that the best possible solution here would be to rewrite it. In a bit Linux-y way Smile By that I mean non-positional arguments, paths and flags settable by multiple parametrs instead of one string with separators etc. What do you think? You are one of the very limited amount of people who actively uses umk, so your opinion has quite a big weight here Smile If Mirek agrees as well, I can rewrite the interface to match the common scheme from posix world. I belive it would make using umk much simpler...

Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon6.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message