Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » TheIDE refactoring and multiple packages build support?
TheIDE refactoring and multiple packages build support? [message #34893] Fri, 16 December 2011 11:15 Go to previous message
eMko is currently offline  eMko
Hello,

I am going to make some small tool application (up to 5 "dialogs", small XML processing) and Ultimate++ seems to be good framework to use - applications tends to have low memory and harddisk footprint, which is very good. (I consider situation "Yes, I made a great small tool, the only thing you need to do prior to using it is installing a .Net Framework 4.0. It takes only 2GB on your disk." a bit weird... (ideal Czech word is "zhulený" .. I assume I am not the only Czech here, am I? Smile ) )

When I was "playing" with TheIDE, I found a lot of good things and it is more than OK for small projects. But as I can see on your web, you (or someone else?) did quite a huge applications using this (mainly IDIS). Hm...

- what about a refactoring support in TheIDE? I have found nothing. I don't mention moving classes through namespaces or from one library to another, but what about simple function or variable name changes? I do it almost every day in my work... (Java and C#)

- if I divide an application into multiple packages (which is often done when you are making some software of significant size), is there any way to tell the IDE that I want to make package1 as a dll and copy it to output dir and then a package2 as exe and copy it to output? This is very usual scenario.

Thank you for replying

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: DLI Problem...
Next Topic: CanClose? Mechanism to prompt user to save edits
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 06:23:40 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06840 seconds