Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » TheIDE refactoring and multiple packages build support?
Re: TheIDE refactoring and multiple packages build support? [message #34903 is a reply to message #34893] Fri, 16 December 2011 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi eMKo,

Welcome to the forum Cool

eMko wrote on Fri, 16 December 2011 11:15

- what about a refactoring support in TheIDE? I have found nothing. I don't mention moving classes through namespaces or from one library to another, but what about simple function or variable name changes? I do it almost every day in my work... (Java and C#)

I guess I never worked with an IDE that would have such functions. Or I never needed them Smile I do all of the tasks you named using "Replace in files" dialog... I never needed anything else Smile If you could point me to some example of software which uses this, I might tell you more. Even video tutorial showing the function would be great. Also, some time ago someone wrote a CodeMetric tool (it is somewhere in the svn) which analyses the code complexity... That is probably the only refactoring support we have Smile

eMko wrote on Fri, 16 December 2011 11:15

- if I divide an application into multiple packages (which is often done when you are making some software of significant size), is there any way to tell the IDE that I want to make package1 as a dll and copy it to output dir and then a package2 as exe and copy it to output? This is very usual scenario.

Yes, there is a concept of custom build steps. These can be executed for each file with given extension or in pre-linking or post-linking stage. Such custom step executes given external command, so you can create e.g. synchronization script and call it after linking. As copy is very common task, there is even specialized instruction for that Smile

Best regards,
Honza

PS: (regarding the Czech) Jo, par se nas tady najde Wink

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: DLI Problem...
Next Topic: CanClose? Mechanism to prompt user to save edits
Goto Forum: