Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Web framework - Skylark - first taste
Re: Web framework - Skylark - first taste [message #34999 is a reply to message #34998] Sun, 25 December 2011 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
cbpporter wrote on Sun, 25 December 2011 04:56

Well the witz files are a form of "html based template system". Let's say you define a XML namespace u:"www.ultimatepp.org". Then, you can do the include statement like:

<u:include page="style.witz">

I guess it should be:

<u:include page="style.witz"/>

right?

Quote:

This way it is compatible with XHTML. It also has the advantage that there are a lot of WYSIWYG web page editors out there that are capable of editing partial HTML pages, the one that are commonly used in web page design. The u:include tag would be ignored by these editors letting you continue edit the page. But finding some other syntax might confuse it. The best case scenario is that it interprets the statement as text. The worst case scenario is that it fails to parse the xhtml and refuses it as ill formated.

I now understand what you mean, however, '#' is OK in XML and there is nothing worse than that in preprocessor, so it would be interpreted as text in any case.

In fact, I would have little problem providing 'tag' alternative for preprocessor, but I think that much worse issue is that expressions of witz (phase 5) mimick javascript and thus allow < > and & characters. I guess it is solved by using CDATA for JavaScript, so the same solution should work for us too, but perhaps it would not hurt to add "and lt gt lte gte" alternative keywords to the language...

Mirek

[Updated on: Sun, 25 December 2011 17:17]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Chromium embedded in U++
Next Topic: Console decoration for DOS (windows)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 14:08:59 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02980 seconds