Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Using TheIDE/U++ and Visual Studio 2008/2010 IDE as a team in a project
Using TheIDE/U++ and Visual Studio 2008/2010 IDE as a team in a project [message #35453] Sat, 18 February 2012 08:26 Go to previous message
jonzun is currently offline  jonzun
Promising Member
Hi there!

I have a question about using TheIDE & U++ and Visual Studio 2008/2010 IDE (VS) as a team.

Im planning an application with 32 and 64 bit target as an experiment and to learn TheIDE/U++. And my intention is to keep the source as portable for linux/gcc as possible.

My intention is to stick with the microsoft compiler for windows for debugging / profiling and "lolevel" stuff while using TheIDE and U++ as the GUI prototyping and main application skeleton development tool.

-------------------
Plan:

1.First I expect to design the basic GUI application using U++ with its functionality as a prototype.

2.Then I will switch over to Visual Studio and create a compatible workspace/project type and add all existing source created inside TheIDE (sharing the sources across both IDEs) and build it inside Visual Studio. During this phase i may add external 3rd party libraries etc and build & test using Visual Studio.

3.If there are any changes required in the GUI during the development, i switch back to TheIDE. Now I either have to make the code added during phase 2 compilable inside TheIDE OR i maintain all "exterior code from VS as stubs with some ifdefs - whatever is easier. Then I iterate Phase 2 and 3 until the application is complete.

-------------------

The Problems i expect will be to keep the project / compiler settings compatible across both IDEs as well as all project source files.

Questions:

What is your general opinion about this approach ?
Is there anything should I know to make things easier for me ?
Is it maybe better to always add source code inside the TheIDE structure, and then change in VS ?

kind regards

jz

af571fa42a55726edd4647727f2f6f08

[Updated on: Sat, 18 February 2012 08:29]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Ctrl::Quit() and system shutdown
Next Topic: Change images