FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » Color and RGBA
Re: Color and RGBA [message #35505 is a reply to message #35499] Thu, 23 February 2012 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Hi,

I like double coordinates on Painter, but I would still like to preserve integers on Draw :

- Storing doubles takes twice as much memory.
- I have an impression (dating years back though) that computing with doubles is slower than with integers.
- GDI and X are mapped directly to integer

How about offering Painter interface to Ctrls as an option to the Draw version?:

void Paint(Painter &painter);

--

Slightly off-topic: I have recently found that the 2D performance offered by Windows GDI can be attained by software rendering. (Maybe because on Windows Vista/7 GDI is more or less software rendering anyway.) So I have started to render with BufferPainter + SetSurface(). Also having Wayland on its way to Linux, I expect applications will end up rendering display buffers on their own without much support from specific hardware. It seems to me Upp::Painter interface is a nice and clean way to do what is inevitable in not so far future, so why not having a "void Paint(Painter &painter);"?

Best regards,

Tom

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message