Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » ArrayCtrl, HeaderCtrl & GridCtrl » Excessive memory use
Excessive memory use [message #35636] Fri, 09 March 2012 05:10 Go to previous message
nixnixnix is currently offline  nixnixnix
Hi Daniel,

I love GridCtrl and use it in many many places in my code. I am currently writing a data processing app in which I want the users to be able to look at multiple data sets and then process these datasets and be able to step back and forth through the steps being able to see each data set at each step. The data sets might take up 20MB each in ASCII format and I might have 12 or 20 loaded at once and then want to take them through 10 or more steps.

My concern is that when I load just three 20MB ASCII data files and display them on GridCtrl, my memory usage grows to 2.9GB of which I am pretty sure the majority is GridCtrl.

My question is: are there obvious things that I might be doing wrong or any tips that you have for conserving memory in GridCtrl when displaying large datasets?

[One of my 20MB datasets might be 4 years of 10 minute data with 30 fields per record. I need to write my software to be able to cope with much much more though.]

Cheers,

Nick

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message