Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » IDE debugger hangs on GuiMT example
icon1.gif  Re: IDE debugger hangs on GuiMT example [message #36147 is a reply to message #36136] Fri, 04 May 2012 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
awksed is currently offline  awksed
Hi Max,

Emails work now (or at least I got one this time). No I didnt uncheck 'Post Notification' checkbox.

Re: debugger. GDB_M12 is an improvement on the 'Stable' debugger. However it crashes the IDE (no core dump) on a breakpoint in a worker thread with an 'Invalid memory access!' messagbox (then terminates). Sorry I can't let you have the source that shows this, it contains proprietry code.

Drill down is nice but it would be more intuitive to use a control with a + indicating expansion available. I only discovered double-click action by accident (frankly I never read manuals - if the app neads a manual it isnt very intuitive).

It would be nice to have more buttons ('Stop' would be useful and 2 minutes to add). 'Pause' or the ability to add checkpoints while running would greatly enhance things (Eclipse manages the latter, try cribbing their code Smile ).

The 'Stable' debugger has a bug. Select reference/ColumnList. Put breakpoint in TestWind::Layout. When BP hit, click 'Autos' tab. 'Attempt to use type name in expression' is displayed briefly and execution continues.

Overall impression. Excellent framework/library. IDE needs work, esp. the debugger GUI. I'm sure your 'getting there'.

Email me when you fix the GDB_M12 bug and I'll try it again.

Ragards,

Jan

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message