Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » IDE debugger hangs on GuiMT example
Re: IDE debugger hangs on GuiMT example [message #36148 is a reply to message #36147] Fri, 04 May 2012 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
awksed wrote on Fri, 04 May 2012 09:47

Hi Max,

Re: debugger. GDB_M12 is an improvement on the 'Stable' debugger. However it crashes the IDE (no core dump) on a breakpoint in a worker thread with an 'Invalid memory access!' messagbox (then terminates). Sorry I can't let you have the source that shows this, it contains proprietry code.

well, if you can make a small testcase that crashes the debugger, I'll be glad to fix it... I need to reproduce to find the bug.

Quote:

Drill down is nice but it would be more intuitive to use a control with a + indicating expansion available.....

Indeed. I'll look for it, if it's possible to add.

Quote:

It would be nice to have more buttons ('Stop' would be useful and 2 minutes to add). 'Pause' or the ability to add checkpoints while running would greatly enhance things (Eclipse manages the latter, try cribbing their code Smile ).

Well... the button are easy, ok... I can add them.
About the checkpoints/breakpoints added on running debugger, that's another matter, gdb is quite picky on asynchronous mode
and I've got already problems (not all solved) about.
Anyways, you can now stop app with "asynchronous break", set your breakpoints and restart again. Beware, it still has some problems with MT apps.

Quote:

The 'Stable' debugger has a bug. Select reference/ColumnList. Put breakpoint in TestWind::Layout. When BP hit, click 'Autos' tab. 'Attempt to use type name in expression' is displayed briefly and execution continues.

well, the "stable" version is now updated and will be replaced by the MI2 one as default; I plan to do bugfixes just on latter.

Thank you for feedback !

Max

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message