Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » U++ on Code::Blocks (MinGW)
Re: U++ on Code::Blocks (MinGW) [message #36448 is a reply to message #36447] Mon, 28 May 2012 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
BioBytes is currently offline  BioBytes
Hi John,

I agree with Max. I started in 2008 with U++ and for some reasons of immature features I moved to CodeBlocks/MingW and wxWidgets.

After 1 or 2 years, I decided to come back to U++ as I really appreciated its philosophy the first time I tried it.

The build operation is easy much more than using Code blocks which requires to change parameters when you move your project files from one machine to another. With U++, it is very easy just creating a zipped file containing all your projects files (except *.upp describing the local configuration) and it is done.

After compilation you get a single exe file: no need to add the wxWidgets *.dll or mingw.dll and so on...

U++ and TheIde is definitively a smart developpement tool for C++ making our hooby (or job ?!) more enjoyable.

Regards

Biobytes

Read Message icon9.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message