Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Why do we have to manually add Core sub-packages?
Re: Why do we have to manually add Core sub-packages? [message #36766 is a reply to message #36765] Tue, 03 July 2012 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
dolik.rce wrote on Tue, 03 July 2012 04:47

mirek wrote on Tue, 03 July 2012 09:41

Actually, I was thinking about reversed process. All packages would just #include "uses", which would be generated by TheIDE. You would then just add package in TheIDE and you would not need to add the #include...

Anyway, perhaps it is too huge departure from how things are usually done, given how little often you are adding packages...

Mirek

That would make U++ even more dependent on TheIDE, which is IMHO not good... (It is bad enough as it is now:) )

Well, not really. "uses" (or "uses.h") would be a normal file in the package. Simply one source fail that is maintained by theide, but could be maintained by hand as easily..

Quote:

Also, it would probably lead to including much more headers then necessary - not a problem with BLITZ, but as soon as you turn it off, the compilation time would probably increase a lot.

And third problem I see is that it would impose a requirement for some mandatory package structure, so that theide knows which headers should be included in "uses".

Well, it would require some naming standard, but we already have one (the name of main package header same as the name of package), so I would put only such existing headers to "uses".

Using "uses" would not be mandatory, and packages no following the standard could still be added by normal include...

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message