Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » Unstable 64bit builds
Re: Unstable 64bit builds [message #36917 is a reply to message #36916] Sat, 21 July 2012 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
nixnixnix wrote on Fri, 20 July 2012 12:43

Thanks Mirek,

I still get the crash with version 5202 but I saw the bug post for the MSC10x64 compiler. Apparently there is a patch available through MS support.

Have you tested it?

Quote:

When you say that O2 is effectively not available, that means the FORCE_SPEED build right? It doesn't affect the "optimal" build?

Well, it just means that - you should not be using /O2 flag with MSC10.

Default configuration of theide assigns /O2 to "speed optimization".

Now optimal mode is using "speed optimization" for some critical files (those marked as "Optimize for speed" either at file or package level), compiling rest with "size optimization". Speed mode compiles all in "speed optimization".

That basically means that you should not use "Optimal" eiter - or you should edit Build method and change "/O2" to "/O1" in "Optimize for speed".

(General note: You are not meant to be using "Speed" for releases; the idea is that usually only 5% of code has any impact on the speed, so you should explicitly mark this code with flag and use Optimal mode. Speed is there only to test that you have marked the right files. In fact, it is in theory even possible that optimal mode can be slightly faster, because of less code to go into the cache...)

Quote:

Does anyone know how to get hold of the MSC9x64 compiler? I have installed both VC++ 2008 and VC++2010 but I can't find this

AFAIK it is one coming with 2008 or Windows Vista SDK. MSC (command line compiler) has its own version, it is only accidental that for 2010 it was 10...

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message