Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » PR, media coverage, articles and documentation » U++ on ohloh.com
U++ on ohloh.com [message #37049] Sat, 11 August 2012 11:19 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I read about ohloh.com adding new code search feature, so I headed to the page to check it. I noticed that the entire page now looks much better than I remember.

The U++ stats wasn't updated since about a year ago, so I fixed that and now we have up to date report there saying many nice thing about U++: https://www.ohloh.net/p/upp

Quote:

... took an estimated 473 years of effort

I'd guess Mirek is responsible for at least 300y ot of that Very Happy

Quote:

Established codebase
The first lines of source code were added to Ultimate++ in 2008. This is a relatively long time for an open source project to stay active, and can be a very good sign.

Quote:

Large, active development team
Over the past twelve months, 10 developers contributed new code to Ultimate++.

This is a relatively large team, putting this project among the top 10% of all project teams on Ohloh.

Quote:

Stable year-over-year development activity
Over the last twelve months, Ultimate++ has not seen any change in activity. This is probably a good sign as development is continuing at the same pace and not dropping off.

I think this all gives a very good PR image of U++, which is unbiased (since it is automatically generated) and for free Smile U++is even listed as similar project to Qt4 and Qt5, so it might drive some new users to it, which is always good.

Best regards,
Honza

[Updated on: Sat, 11 August 2012 11:19]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message