Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » [Tutorial] Using the Visual Studio IDE with U++
Re: [Tutorial] Using the Visual Studio IDE with U++ [message #40883 is a reply to message #40881] Mon, 30 September 2013 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

crydev wrote on Sun, 29 September 2013 23:06

To link the object files properly in Visual Studio, set TheIDE to be verbose, copy the link command in notepad and filter out all the .obj files that are not included in your own package. Copy all of these strings to 'Additional command lines options' in Visual Studio. If all went well it should work now.

Could this be automated? It seems like annoyance to manually set this up for each project, especially if it requires running TheIDE...

I'm not using Visual Studio (not even windows), but I support all attempts to make U++ work without TheIDE. To be able to use it with only a makefile, I created minimalistic .upp parser. It is written in such way that it allows adding multiple backends for various purposes, so it could perhaps be used also to automate the build process in VS. You can find the source in the svn repository. It is partialy documented, but if you have trouble understanding something, I can help. I'd try to do this myself, but I just don't have the platform to test it on. So you'll have to figure out how to make it work with VS, and I can help you generate the proper command lines Wink

Best regards,
Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message