Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » [SOLVED] WIN32 API "MoveFile" and LineEdit Ctrl issue
Re: WIN32 API "MoveFile" and LineEdit Ctrl issue [message #37873 is a reply to message #37872] Mon, 19 November 2012 13:50 Go to previous message
navi is currently offline  navi
Experienced Member
Hello Deep and Koldo,

First of all let me congratulate and thank you guys for great detective investigation. Deep, great technique for investigating strings. I also solve it by myself but was a bit late to reply. But I found the solution and the cause of the problem by chance. Since, unlike Deep I could not figure how to look inside the string, I assume the string has something invisible and started to write my very own splitter. char by char. While doing that I stumble upon the issue that it's not that easy to split where '\n' is the delimiter. Upon searching the forum I stumble upon the following post by "great" Mirek: which essentially explains the problem and provides a elegant solution. Applying his Filter() solution I got it working immediately.

http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=104 91&

mirek wrote on Tue, 10 July 2007 23:26

Well, it is not U++, it is M$... Back in MSDOS days, they have decided that line are to be ended with "\r\n" and this stupid idea is still alive.

Standard C library solves this problem by intruducing "text" and "binary" streams (text streams remove/insert \r on read/write), but IMO that just adds to confusion.

U++ general take on the problem is to ignore all \r characters on input and insert \r before each \n on output - but both is to be handled by the code.

In your case you have many options. One simple is to filter out all \r out before Split:

int NoCr(int c) { return c == '\r' ? 0 : c; }

Split(Filter(s, NoCr), '\n')

As you seem to ignore empty lines, another simple solution (with a bit better performance) is to treat \r like \n (because it will just result in empty line, which is ignored anyway):

int CrOrLf(int c) { return c == '\r' || c == '\n' ? c : 0; }

Split(s, CrOrLf);

Mirek

Screen Shot of the Program applying Mirek's Filter() Solution.

index.php?t=getfile&id=3929&private=0

Thank you very much for your help guys. I really appreciate it.

Navi

• Attachment: pic3.png
    (Size: 71.21KB, Downloaded 821 times)

[Updated on: Mon, 19 November 2012 14:26]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Frameless(true); bug, my error or ???
Next Topic: EditDoubleSpin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 21:29:22 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01874 seconds