Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » LineEdit, EditFields, DocEdit » need some expert advice to extend the LineEdit
Re: need some expert advice to extend the LineEdit [message #38135 is a reply to message #38132] Sun, 02 December 2012 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
navi is currently offline  navi
Experienced Member
dolik.rce wrote on Sun, 02 December 2012 15:35

Hi navi,

Do you have any reason to not use CodeEditor (other than curiosity, perhaps)? It can be set up to behave the same way as LineEdit, just with linenumbers... Also you mentioned some other features that might be useful for you.

Honza

Hello Honza,
I am not using CodeEditor Ctrl, because I believe it is much more complex then LineEdit Ctrl. And quite a bit harder to understand. The only example of CodeEditor Ctrl I could find is theIDE. No examples or documentation or sample program to see how it might be used or customized. Another point is, since CodeEditor is derived from LineEdit. it is essential that I understand LineEdit and TextCtrl inner workings properly. Since I just started to learn how line LineEdit is doing what it is doing, trying to extend CodeEditor will just add another layer of codes and mechanism that I do not yet understand.

For instance I notice that CodeEditor does not include a Print function. Obviously it is using the Print of LineEdit to get the job done. so no point working with CodeEditor yet as I have to understand the LineEdit first.

regards
Navi

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Custom check for EditIntXxxx controls
Next Topic: How to capture Key Press events?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 14:05:37 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02327 seconds