FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Socket Communication 101
Re: Socket Communication 101 [message #38264 is a reply to message #38262] Sat, 08 December 2012 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
nlneilson is currently offline  nlneilson
Contributor
Thanks for the information.

I remember a Radio Shack from many years back. Very slow and the amount of memory was so small it hooked up to a cassette player to save bigger files.

I just got used to using \0 for end of transmission.
To be able to see as a string what is passed to be sent and what is output from the server was an advantage as nothing was done in the client or server except send and receive. With the C++ client in a header file and the Java server in it's own file it was easier to understand in different applications.

I looked at assembly language years ago but it was more than I wanted to get into.

I also got hung up on memory and saving space. External hdd are cheap now and recently picked up a 32GB micro SD card for $10 so spending too much time concerning memory is irrelevant also.

Times change and I am a bit slow keeping up and also hard headed to change my ways if an old way works.

Using U++ has been great to see what can be done and easier.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: ScatterCtrl / ScatterDraw - ShowLegend() problem and general Question
Next Topic: Spin + Text
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 22:42:26 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02671 seconds