FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ SQL » Doubts on a sqlite query
Re: Doubts on a sqlite query [message #38623 is a reply to message #38622] Sun, 30 December 2012 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Interesting, I didn't know that you have to do such tricks for multirow inserts in sqlite Smile

For the last piece of code you posted: You probably want the inserting into TEAMROUND to be done in single query too. You now know how, so it should be easy. Also about the "U++ syntax" for sql: It looks better, it takes care of type control, escaping etc. so it is safer, but sometimes it is a pain to do complicated queries in it... I think for example multirow insert would be quite hard to achieve using SqlInsert.

Anyway, the moral of this story is: Sqlite is fast, but only for read queries (selects). The write queries (insert, update) have a big overhead, so many small queries take a long time. Therefore, concatenating them into single long query can save orders of magnitude of time.

This is to some degree true for any database, e.g. for MySql you want to minimize the number of queries too, because connecting to the server can be costly operation. But I admit I didn't know that this applies to sqlite and that it is so bad that couple queries can render the application unusable Smile

Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Use ctrls in another tab as detail problem
Next Topic: Can U++ communicate with a MSACCESS database?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 01:32:17 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02572 seconds