Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » RichText,QTF,RTF... » Weird problems with Report / PDF Export / Printing, sometimes even crashes
Re: Weird problems with Report / PDF Export / Printing, sometimes even crashes [message #39065 is a reply to message #39062] Tue, 12 February 2013 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
frozen is currently offline  frozen
Promising Member
mirek wrote on Mon, 11 February 2013 23:38

I have not read into details, but it looks like you are comparing CUPS generated PDF with U++ generated one. If that is so, then our metodology differs: What I have done is to print the report on real printer, then export PDF and print it on the same printer too. Results look identical (maybe there is some small offset).

Mirek

I think I understand. That's a problem for me.

My application should be able to create PDF documents AND prints that comply with DIN 5008. This is a industry norm here in germany, which contains a lot of rules defining where what has to be placed on a document. Have a look at the images on http://www.pt-mediengestaltung.de/thema.html - they show quite a lot of these placements that have to be hit precisely.
Currently I don't see a way to comply with that norm using reports and QTF. So I guess I have to reinvent the wheel, adding this functionality. This will be tough for me as a newbie with U++.. I hoped there was a workaround or a way to reach something that is at least close using reports and applying fixed margins and page size. As far as I understand now, this is not possible, right?

I hope you might help me again when I have questions during my tries to implement this stuff.. Wink

Thanks again!

Kind regards,

frozen

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Is there a way to set page width in the QTF Designer / Topic++ editor / UWord ?
Next Topic: [Minor bug report & patch] RichTextView should use native ibeam icon.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 09:07:23 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00848 seconds