Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » RichText,QTF,RTF... » Weird problems with Report / PDF Export / Printing, sometimes even crashes
Re: Weird problems with Report / PDF Export / Printing, sometimes even crashes [message #39069 is a reply to message #39066] Tue, 12 February 2013 08:28 Go to previous message
frozen is currently offline  frozen
Promising Member
mirek wrote on Tue, 12 February 2013 08:08

Well, I would say we are not that far from that, at least for physical prints. You can replace automatic centering with Margin (in fact, it should rather be called "offset" or perhaps "topleft") and physical prints should be ok (but take into account that with real printers, there will be up to 5 mm difference from one sheet printed to another).

After that, I am willing to change PDF export too to comply, but I guess it might require some new parameters to Report/PdfDraw.

Mirek

I see. So you think the calculations are reasonable precise to an error level of about a millimeter or two (more difference from intended positions could lead to trouble when the printer adds another 5 millimeters...) when I set up a table, using the relative distribution of columns and spaces with a precise font size and fixed margins for the cells. To be honest I had my doubts, when seeing all these differences with set and not set pagesizes or margins.
I will try this as soon as I find the time to do so.

New parameters for Report/PdfDraw are no problem for me. Wink

Thanks again, I will tell how things went after trying to create the first complying report.

Kind regards,

frozen

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Is there a way to set page width in the QTF Designer / Topic++ editor / UWord ?
Next Topic: [Minor bug report & patch] RichTextView should use native ibeam icon.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 00:29:09 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01748 seconds