Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » ArrayCtrl, HeaderCtrl & GridCtrl » [Solved albeit ugly] Scrolling messes up GridCtrl in certain condition
Re: [GridCtrl] Scrolling messes up GridCtrl in certian condition [message #39226 is a reply to message #39211] Sat, 02 March 2013 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Lance is currently offline  Lance
Contributor
A temporary fix for the above problem(In my case, open with populated grid is not practical):

remove the GridCtrl from its parent and add back after repopulation.

And also pay special attention to the aggregate functions of GridCtrl. Do a UpdateSummary() after repopulation since the very last row might be skipped.

Disclaimer: it might be because I don't know the proper (designed) way of using the Ctrl. E.g., months back I learned that programmatically changing column widths should be sandwiched in Ready(false) and Ready(true). Note in this case, I tried to do the same (sandwich data changes in Ready(...) calls) but to no avail.

----------------
PS: Remove & Add back will fix the incorrect summary issue.

I also tried Hide() - change - Show(), this way the problem remains. It seems some action taken when a GridCtrl is initially activated has not been synchronized properly by subsequent changes to the GridCtrl structure/data.

[Updated on: Sat, 02 March 2013 01:02]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [maybe bug?] Removing last item in arrayctrl
Next Topic: GridCtrl and popup menu problem
Goto Forum: