FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » [Barcode] Code128 & EAN13/UPC-A/EAN8 supported
Re: [Barcode] Code128 & EAN13 (Superset of UPC-A) supported [message #41238 is a reply to message #41237] Mon, 18 November 2013 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Lance is currently offline  Lance
Contributor
Got stuck again.

When I said there were know omissions, one of it in my mind is "Code Word 913 will switch to Octet(AKA byte) only for the next CW(code word)" mentioned in the reference webpage. The author didn't elaborate on it, I assume it should mean:
1. If the current compaction mode is Text, 913 will cause the next codeword be interpreted as literal ASCII value, and the compaction mode for the codeword immediately after remains Text. Chance is, even the submode (UpperCase, LowerCase, Mixed, Punctuation) will be reserved;
2. If the current compaction mode is Byte, there will be no use for 913;
3. If the current compaction mode is Numeric, 913 will cause the next codeword be interpreted as literal ASCII value, and the compaction mode for the codeword immediately after remains Numeric.

If shortest encoding is a goal, it will not be achieved without taking the above into consideration. So I took time to implement above according to my assumption. Too bad, no online decoder will recognize barcode generated if 913-shift-to-Octet sequence existed in the codewords sequence. I was wondering if it's because the information was incorrect(author's mistake), or it wasn't interpreted correctly(my mistake), or it's because of a blind spot in the online decoders(somebody else to blame).

If somebody who has a decent barcode scanner that supports PDF417 could tell me the result of scanning the following barcode, it will be fully appreciated.

index.php?t=getfile&id=4356&private=0

encoded text: ABCDEFâABCDEFGHIJKL
codeword sequence: 14 1 63 125 913 195 913 162 1 63 125 187 249 311 509 563 with the last 2 being error correction code words.
  • Attachment: screen.png
    (Size: 0.71KB, Downloaded 1498 times)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message