FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Changing the slider thumb
icon12.gif  Re: Changing the slider thumb [message #39443 is a reply to message #39379] Sat, 16 March 2013 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ManfredHerr is currently offline  ManfredHerr
This effect is on Linux (Ubuntu 12.04) only. The sliders look different on Windows with MSVC 10 as base for Build.
Within theide I get different sliders when I change Setup->Environment->IDE.GUI_Theme to Classic or Standard.
For my application I didn`t find a selector for GUI theme. But if I check NO_GTK in the configuration flags then the sliders change as well.
The question remaining is: Where does the GUI theme "Host Platform" get the slider thumbs from?
Answer: As GTK theming is applied (the only use of GTK I think) the thumb is retrieved from a gtk_theming_engine residing somewhere in a shared library.
NB.: As theming is based on GTK-2 --what I deduce from the names of the engines handled in the code -- but most applications on my machine use GTK-3 I stopped searching any further. The consequence is NO_GTK (better name NO_GTK_THEMES) or not using standard sliders but those within Controls4u.

[Updated on: Wed, 20 March 2013 15:27]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message icon12.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [SUCCESS] Struggle with Serial port class
Next Topic: compiling issue at Win 7
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 22:40:12 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02874 seconds