Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » UI window threading problem
UI window threading problem [message #39790] Sun, 28 April 2013 22:28 Go to previous message
crydev is currently offline  crydev
Experienced Member
Hello,

I ran into a problem that I initially fixed, but I'm not convinced that there isn't a better way of solving it. My problem is as following.

I have a main window that is capable of opening another window that runs non-modal above the main window, meaning the main window is not clickable nor focusable while the opened window is still opened. The non-modal window enables the user to select parameters for a memory scan, and by clicking OK the memory scan has to be started. The problem I ran into in the first place was that I had to be able to make the non-modal window access a function in the main window. That isn't too hard to fix, but the next problem is, that the non-modal window keeps on top, non-responsive, until the memory scan that is started is finished. My fix to that problem was creating a new thread that started the memory scan, in order to keep any possible piece of UI responsive. Downside: I had many exceptions that were very hard to find, due to the threading between the UI parts.

Now that I all fixed it, I wonder: isn't there a better solution to achieve the non-modal window to be closed, without the need of a thread?

Thanks in advance!

crydev

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Scrolling ArrayCtrl with Ctrls
Next Topic: How to disable mouse cursor application wide ??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 10:11:04 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03271 seconds