FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » New age of GUI
Re: New age of GUI [message #40041 is a reply to message #40040] Tue, 28 May 2013 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
piotr5 wrote on Mon, 27 May 2013 16:27

don't get me wrong, I didn't mean the ide would need to move to a new gui before any other ide does. but you are wrong in assuming keyboard and mouse would be a possibility for tablets. when I sit in the park with a tablet, then mouse is quite impossible to use on the grass. also you must keep the tablet in your hand in order to avoid reflections. therefore imho new ideas for gui-styles should be available to programmers who are ready to use them. I mean, what's the sense in cameleon and such when some input-options (mouse-gestures with multitouch, relative position-changes through accelerometer and such, interface to external programs like voice-recognition or hand-gestures and such, geotagging of course, and so on) are not that easy to integrate into ultimate++ software? similarily also the layout designer should imho assist a bit in placement of gui-elements when target-platform is tablet or similar, maybe also warn about button-size when touch-screen is expected...

of course all these suggestions I'm giving informally, doesn't need to be implemented immediately. what we need now is a discussion and an actual list of things we will wish to make use of in future...

I guess we are discussing two different topics here. You are arguing that tablets need altered GUI. Well, there is no disagreement on my side.

What I was trying to say is that Android is likely to move to desktop and start replacing Windows there - which is one more reason to support it, is not it?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message