Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » [Solved] Default compiler flags
[Solved] Default compiler flags [message #40147] Fri, 21 June 2013 09:57 Go to previous message
keltor is currently offline  keltor
Hello all,

I have been working on a program to make some numerical simulations. The other day, just for kicks, I decided to port a part of it into our beloved U++, simply because I like TheIde. I have witnessed, much to my dismay, that the program, compiled in U++, is slower than the exact same program compiled with Code::Blocks, almost by a factor of two!

Edit: Actually, I made a blunder: I was comparing 64-bit code to 32-bit. So it's not a factor of two, but it's still noticeable.

The reason, it seems, is simply that U++ adds default flags depending on the type of compilation (Optimal/Size/Speed) that interfere with the optimisations that I have selected myself. For instance, in Speed mode, U++ chooses -Gy (function-level optimisation), which seems to collide with my choice of -GA (whole-program optimisation). And sadly, it adds the default options at the end of the compilation command, thus overriding the ones I specify.

Does anyone know of a way to tame U++ into accepting my optimisations?

Thanks,

Kel

[Updated on: Tue, 01 October 2013 16:13]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [FEATURE] PCH support
Next Topic: Visual Studio 2012