FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » HelloWorld makefile
Re: HelloWorld makefile [message #41332 is a reply to message #41320] Sun, 01 December 2013 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
mirek wrote on Sat, 30 November 2013 13:44

In the end, we could still have U++/eOS, but as Ctrl::Run is not possible, U++ applications for eOS would have to be specifically altered (quite heavily) to conform with this. E.g. this would not be possible anymore:

if(PromptYesNo("Do you want to perform this operation?")) {
    // perform the operation
}

instead, you would need to write

void MyApp::PerformOperation() {
    // perform the operation
}

PromptYesNo("Do you want to perform this operation?", THISBACK(PerformOperation))

Mirek

Thanks for reply.
I am not sure to have completely understood. But if the problem is only to rewrite the Prompt_like() function of the user application, I am ready for my own app. Perhaps most of us are ready too.
However I am not aware if the whole library needs to be rewritten to accomodate such changes or just a new general function Prompt_eOS() should be added to overcome the issue.

I see huge advantages (both economics (no needs to own Mac & iOS device) and time saved (no new programming language)) that widely compensate the troubbles to rewrite the code of existing apps. Of course for a new app the problem does not exists.

Luigi

[Updated on: Sun, 01 December 2013 12:54]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Bug in msc 7.1 ?