Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » Core regression between svn 6693 -> 6697
Core regression between svn 6693 -> 6697 [message #41546] Sat, 28 December 2013 11:23 Go to previous message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Hi all,

Yesterday I spent most my day trying to find out why the AutoWaitCursor was not working any more.

At first I though it was my code so I dug, and dug and dug again ... without success.
I finally took my most recent app code and moved around Upp SVN versions and I found the following:
==> Events and drawing do not work the exact same way as before
  • WaitCursor does not work any more (the painting of the mouse cursor is done at the end of the action you are actually wainting for ==> so it just appears very briefly while it does not appear when it should (even if the waiting lasts seconds ...)
  • Opening a popup menu of a Ctrl causes refresh of all Ctrls of layout each time the mouse hovers a new selection (without having to select it)
  • Closing of a popup menu is delayed until the action selected by menu is finished (mostly visible when selecting copy action in GraphCtrl for the Big data graph)
  • App taking focus, by selecting top window decoration, not inside app view (switching from explorer to app for example) causes a full repaint ( while it didn't before )

Are these changes normal or is it my application that is not built correctly : like I should use a PostCallback in all Popup menu actions ??

I encountered these problems while working on my GraphCtrl package that is in SVN sandbox.
I have only tested on LINUX (not tested on win32)
The changes have been introduced somewhere between SVN versions : 6693(OK) ==> 6697(BUG)

[Updated on: Sat, 28 December 2013 12:00]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message