Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » New rainbow web backend experiment: javascript terminal to U++
New rainbow web backend experiment: javascript terminal to U++ [message #41547] Sat, 28 December 2013 14:58 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
I am now experimenting with HTML5 to U++ server backend.

The goal is to make any U++ application, possibly with minor tweaks, run on server controlled from browser. The target performace should be about as good as using windows application over terminal server.

I have some initial success, and right now (until it crashes Smile you can see the result at:

http://www.eventcraft.eu:8000

Beware, the is so far no code to run separate sessions for users, everybody will see that same running process.

Only reasonable recent versions of Firefox and Chrome (and perhaps Safari) are supported. I doubt IE will ever be good enough...

Right now, latency is not very good, because I am using plain Ajax to communicate with server. I believe that going websockets should significantly improve the situation - I am working on that now.

Bandwith seems to be minor issue even now, being at about 20KB/s, but I have a couple of ideas how to improve on that as well.

Finally, it might be quite a good idea to abandon canvas drawing and instead use WebGL. But that is less important....

If you want to see the code (or even collaborate), it is in

rainbow/WebWord

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message