Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Errors during compiling the examples  () 1 Vote
Re: Errors during compiling the examples [message #44309 is a reply to message #42086] Sat, 21 February 2015 18:39 Go to previous message
Edward is currently offline  Edward
Yeti86

Quote:
Where is the advantage to use Ultimate++ when I have to use a Visual C++ compiler? Is my Code really platform independent?
Am I really forced to use the VC compiler?

I am setting up to convert multiple 13 year old healthcare VB6 apps to C++, and I'm determined to break away from Microsoft, the upgrade frenzy, and the .Net Framework overhead. So my updated apps will be running on Linux boxes, micro/nano ATX boards, small Windows free installs that we could make 1,000,000 of without being required to buy a windows license fee to be legal.

So the apps you develop on U++ can be built/compiled for/on Linux or Windows or OSX, either. So I send you a project folder and you choose which platform to build/compile, and deploy the app.

I believe our future is platform neutral, like Net Neutrality, able to run on any platform.

This is why I have fought so strongly to get a couple example projects debugged using MinGW while everyone is suggesting I get MS VS and my problems will be over.

My mission is to find a powerful(Non MS) C++ IDE w/GUI to marry and spend the rest of my life with...

[Updated on: Sat, 21 February 2015 18:43]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [SOLVED]Build fails, "Warning: stabn: description field '10005' too big, try different debug format
Next Topic: [SOLVED]Control property syntax (ArrayCtrl, Button), IDE syntax guide unclear to me
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 22:42:58 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01244 seconds