Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ Webs: Functioning, Layout , Design, Features and Structure of these forums, homepage etc. » Uppweb 2.0
Re: Uppweb 2.0 [message #53482 is a reply to message #53479] Sun, 05 April 2020 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

mirek wrote on Sun, 05 April 2020 13:16
dolik.rce wrote on Wed, 02 April 2014 23:25
- The internationalization is cookie based, so you won't get to back to English every time you navigate out of the translated part of the website.

While technically correct, I have dropped internationalization some time ago - the idea that we can maintain it long term at this point is sci-fi.

Hint: Most much more popular OSS projects like boost.org are not internationalised either. Obviously, it buys you nothing and costs a lot.

Yes, in case of U++ this is definitely true. For small, commercial project, this might be useful.

mirek wrote on Sun, 05 April 2020 13:16
And using cookies means having that nasty GDPR prompt.

This is not true. Language preference is not considered to be personal data and storing it in cookie is not considered to be tracking. Believe me, I work in advertisment and implementing GDPR makes about 40% of my work Very Happy

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: "Coding style" Link Is a Topic:// Link In Documentation