Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » theide: Windows Microsoft SDK 64-bit debugging
Re: theide: Windows Microsoft SDK 64-bit debugging [message #43704 is a reply to message #43699] Wed, 24 September 2014 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
281264 wrote on Mon, 22 September 2014 22:26
The Automated Building Method set up is not the problem for it detects MSC 12x64. The version I am using
is 7703 loaded by using the win32 installer from the web site. What do you think is going wrong?

Thx,

Javier

I am a little bit confused now... So I will try to cover all corners Smile

After installing U++ in windows, you (for now) get 32-bit theide.exe. This is able to compile 64-bit apps, but not to debug them.

You need 64-bit theide.exe. Sources of ide are part of uppsrc, so what you are supposed to do is to build 64-bit theide.exe using 32-bit theide.exe that you have. Thus at the start of ide, choose uppsrc assembly and ide package, then set the method to MSC 12x64 and Optimal mode, then build. This should produce ide.exe (you can use Build/Open output directory to locate it quickly), now rename to theide.exe and replace the original theide.exe (which is in c:/upp by default) with this new one (perhaps make backup first).

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Log compression
Next Topic: ide: Assisted #include now inserts missing package, Insert #include in editor menu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 07:03:12 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02296 seconds