Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » IDE not retaining SDK path
Re: IDE not retaining SDK path [message #44516 is a reply to message #44514] Fri, 20 March 2015 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
eldiener is currently offline  eldiener
Promising Member
mirek wrote on Thu, 19 March 2015 18:25
eldiener wrote on Thu, 19 March 2015 18:11
Using the latest version of U++ ( 8227 ) and choosing the menu Setup | Automatic setup... I enter the path to the SDK version 7.1a on my machine for VC++ 12.0. I then click the OK button. But when I next open the same dialog the path I entered is gone.

I cannot use VC++ 12.0 if the SDK paths are not there when I try to build.

That is OK. This is dialog for automatic setup of build methods. After hitting OK, build methods are created and are later editable using Setup/Build methods.

But it is clearly not creating the right directories for the Setup/Build methods. For instance I gave the path to the SDK as C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1A on my machine. Then when I look at the Setup/Build methods I see for executables C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1A\bin\x86 which does not exist at all; for include directories C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1A\Include\um, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1A\Include\shared, and C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1A\Include\winrt, none of which exist; for lib directories C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1A\Lib\winv6.3\um\x86, which also does not exist. Where is the IDE getting this stuff from when clearly it is not looking in the path I gave for the Windows SDK ?

I understand I can manually change these paths but this is a bug for setting them up. Also I still do not understand why Automatic Setup does not retain the path I enter so it always know it for each new package I may add to the system. That seems to also be a bug to me.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: gcc-4.9.0
Next Topic: Installation error for tarball upp-x11-src-8756.tar.gz
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 07:28:41 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08487 seconds