Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Looking for windows compiler possibilities
Looking for windows compiler possibilities [message #44806] Wed, 01 July 2015 14:13 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
I am becoming uneasy about windows releases.

It would be great to

a) move to C++11
b) provide compiler toolchain as part of release

Current 'default' way is to install Win7 SDK. That is good, but not C++11...

Later Microsoft compilers need to be installed with Visual Studio and (AFAIK, please correct me) with separate SDK. And, of course, we cannot ship them with U++. Maybe it would be possible to do some sort of automated web install?

clang-cl (Microsoft compatible) seems to almost work, but is not quite mature now.

Then there is mingw-w64. This is quite close to what we need, but mingw still is slower than msc/clang and resulting binaries are quite larger than with MSC. Another issue is that most 3rd party libraries (like DB clients or openssl) are coming with MSC compatible headers/libraries. Might be fixed by providing all imaginable libraries in the release (nowadays, I would not care if U++ installer has 300MB).

It also seems possible to use clang with mingw. It however seems that clang-mingw has problems with exception in 64bit mode.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Google code shutting down
Next Topic: Interesting Idea: Stop writing Regular Expressions. Express them with Verbal Expressions.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:23:35 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02359 seconds