Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » LineEdit, EditFields, DocEdit » What do you think about this approach to making CodeEditor more user extendable?
Re: What do you think about this approach to making CodeEditor more user extendable? [message #45609 is a reply to message #45607] Tue, 15 December 2015 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
Things that I'm trying to fine tune by language:
- highlighting of #ifdefs
- highlighting of @region
- highlighting of nested comments
- highlighting of doxygen like comments
- highlighting things like literal constants a bit differently based on language
- highlighting ids based on other id rules
- highlight a few symbolic meta constants as non-keywords, but as literal constants, like true, for languages where true is not a keyword, but a literal constant and should be highlighted as an int.

And achieve this in a pretty general and fast way.

And generally speaking, the C like language highlighter is able to approximately, often very closely, syntax highlight a given language, but as it currently stands:
- it is not able to properly 100% highlight some inputs. The changes would be trivial to make it 100% but
- would not be compatible with C++.

That's why I proposed a structure with bool options, to make sure that highlighting is fast. What I'd need it to handle, as just one of the examples, is "0.Foo" to be highlighted as a literal int, member selection punctuation, id. And "7.0.Bar" as literal double, member selection punctuation, id. And "7.0f.Foo" as float and so on. For all those pure OOP languages.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Lost focus in edit fields
Next Topic: How to do fast Append & scroll in LineEdit with MT?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 01:22:50 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01833 seconds