Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » LineEdit, EditFields, DocEdit » What do you think about this approach to making CodeEditor more user extendable?
Re: What do you think about this approach to making CodeEditor more user extendable? [message #45625 is a reply to message #45623] Thu, 17 December 2015 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
mirek wrote on Thu, 17 December 2015 17:15
OK, i have no problem with that, but perhaps it is as easy to just check current language, exactly as is happening now?

I'm doing a merge and testing stuff right now for the patch. And yes, we could probably leave things as they are in CSyntax. But some things are still a bit hard to do with a semi-hardcoded C-Like language list.

I need to add the #region and #endregion tags. So I have changed this code:
if(*p == '#' && findarg(highlight, HIGHLIGHT_JAVASCRIPT, HIGHLIGHT_CSS, HIGHLIGHT_JSON) < 0) {
			static Index<String> macro;
			ONCELOCK {
				static const char *pd[] = {
					"include", "define", "error", "if", "elif", "else", "endif",
					"ifdef", "ifndef", "line", "undef", "pragma",
					// CLR
					"using"
				};
				for(int i = 0; i < __countof(pd); i++)
					macro.Add(pd[i]);
			}

I could add them here and that's what I'll do for the patch, but I still think it would be more elegant to have highlight be some sort of structure with fields. findarg(highlight, HIGHLIGHT_JAVASCRIPT, HIGHLIGHT_CSS, HIGHLIGHT_JSON) < 0 could become highlight.HasPreproc. And the macro list would not have to be static, but instead tied to highlight, with each separate highlight having it's own list. This way #region and #using, which are C# mostly, would not show up in other modes.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Lost focus in edit fields
Next Topic: How to do fast Append & scroll in LineEdit with MT?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 18:58:13 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01972 seconds