Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » ArrayCtrl, HeaderCtrl & GridCtrl » Change row appearance based on column value in that row
Re: Change row appearance based on column value in that row [message #46815 is a reply to message #46768] Tue, 16 August 2016 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
slashupp is currently offline  slashupp
Experienced Member

Quote:
I guess the basic examples quite shows it:

old-text:
Quote:
clear as mud, sorry
i cannot see the link these indexes has with the actual data or different columns
ID1 is used as a stand-alone 'array.AddIndex(ID1);' - where is the relevance? what does it index?
and again as 'array.AddColumn(ID2, ...).Add(ID1)...' - ID2 seems ok, but what is ID1 doing here?
ID3 just seemingly gets AddIndex()ed to the same column as a 'just because got it' - again relevance?, index to what?
do all three indexes here relate to the still-to-be-added-data in this column, whatever it is?
what data is added to the ValueMap?
looking at 'MyConvert()' doesn't help to clarify
looking at 'IdInfo' in 'ArrayCtrl' doesn't either

edit 16/8/23
okay, my attempt at understanding of what is happening:
- an un-attached (akin to a "variable") index is created with AddIndex()
- this index is then attached to some column with Add()
- the index added above will be associated with the value in that column when a row is added
- with a single index Display is called with just that value in that column - which makes no sense at all because it will be called with that value anyway, index or not
- with multiple indexes added to as many columns a ValueMap ([index]->value-in-associated-column)? is created - this seems to make sense - but display-routine magically has to know when its a single or a map? or do i have to in this case always create something like MyConvert?
- multiple indexes to same column - wtf? this throws me completely
array.AddColumn(ID2, "combined").Add(ID1).AddIndex(ID3).SetConvert(Single<MyConvert>());

ID1, ID2, ID3 ALL added to this single column - what am i missing?
in MyConvert you use 0, 1 and 2 as indexes into the ValueArray - what then is the purpose of the named indexes?

[Updated on: Tue, 23 August 2016 10:54]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Cursor row color/headers color in ArrayCtrl and SQLCtrl