Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » What is the highest version of U++ that does not require C++11 ?
Re: What is the highest version of U++ that does not require C++11 ? [message #46709 is a reply to message #46708] Sat, 16 July 2016 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello kov_serg,

Quote:

My opinios transition into C++11 is a big strategic mistake. Until there is no modules there is no worthwhile reason to use it.
New features will couse even more problems in furute. Also it ruins backward compatibility with old machines. Old versions works even on i486 with windows95 and old suse distros.

I think transient to C++11/C++14 is the only way to keep upp competitive to other C++ frameworks. Keeping old standard only for backwards compatibility is not an option for future of U++. Please notice that several features that is available in newer standards like auto and lambdas allows us to develop U++ faster and easier. It is also good value for framework users code.

Moreover, sometimes ago Mirek created branch uppclassic that contains code that is compatibility with old standard. I think we should add this in our documentation - where find old sources. Mirek can you give us path to this branch - I cannot find it on github?

Quote:

For new computers there are a lot of better tools.

Can you specific what kind of competitors do you mean? Now days, we have got still many features to offer them.

Backing to prebuilds on Ubuntu - probably dolik.rc knows the problem. The issue was mention in another topic.

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Sat, 16 July 2016 21:33]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message