Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Possible solution of "icpp problem"
Re: Possible solution of "icpp problem" [message #46852 is a reply to message #46851] Sun, 28 August 2016 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi Mirek,

That would be great! It would also make U++ much easier to use without theide. Using other IDEs or makefiles, cmake, etc. would lower the barrier for new users and could allow many more people to adopt U++.

Mindtraveller wrote on Sun, 28 August 2016 10:07
First of all, let's think do we really need to keep icpp-compatibility at all. Or it is possible to forget about them once and for all.
I'm definitely for dropping icpp completely, if possible. There are other uses, not only plugin-like stuff (e.g. files with Skylark handlers), but those could be solved in similar way I presume. Could there be a simple utility class for automatic initialization that could be used in all cases, even in user code?

Mindtraveller wrote on Sun, 28 August 2016 10:07
Talking about the solution proposed (to inject registration calls with header - if I understand it correctly), I think this is possible way, but it has one [possible] issue with initialization order. We can't predict the way headers are included and we can't predict the sequence of initialization.
If I remember how it works now with icpp, the order is not really well defined either. I think the init blocks are called in the order in which the icpp files are passed to the compiler.

Best regards,
Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message