Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » I've just joined the wonderful world of Linux software distribution!
Re: I've just joined the wonderful world of Linux software distribution! [message #46909 is a reply to message #46903] Fri, 09 September 2016 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
Klugier wrote on Thu, 08 September 2016 23:51
Hello,

Compilation for tarbal on Linux Mint should work out of the box. All you need to do is execute following commands
cd $(dirWhenUppIsStored)
chmod +x debian
sudo debian #execute script tha install all need packages for compilation and linking
make

Hi Klugier,

Unfortunately I don't have the original error log anymore since my second compile was a success.

But I found VirtualBox to be ridiculously slow. Slow like a computer from 10 years ago.

So now I'm on VMWare Player and it feels snappy. Might compile all in under 20 minutes this time.

This means that I'm repeating the setup process again from zero, and if real problems show up, I'll post the logs.

Thanks for the help!

But it will probably work.

On the other hand, I know this is the tried and true Linux way, but I still can't approve: my first compile spit out about two pages that I had to read to figure out what was wrong and the conclusion was:
make: C++: command not found

Yeah yeah, I know how to fix this, but whatever scripts I'll try to create for my own software will do their best to print a single line in this case: "dude, you don't have a c++ compiler!".

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message